In the Visual Arts, students have the opportunity to create two-dimensional and three-dimensional artwork that challenges them to explore, problem solve, and take risks.
As an NDA student, you can study a wide range of art techniques, art history, and art making from around the world. You'll learn by doing through practice, experimentation, and revision in a studio environment.
- Showcase your creations during a Winter and Spring art show.
- Be inducted into the National Art Honor Society.
- Participate in National Arts Honor Society events and competitions or the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
Visual Arts Courses
- There are visual arts courses available for all artists, from beginners to advanced art students.
- Courses in digital art and media incorporate principles of graphic design, animation, and 3D modeling.
- Students learn to work in the Adobe Creative Suite and use the 3D modeling software Sketchup.
- The study of ceramic art making is integrated into the Introduction to 3D design and sculpture course.
- AP 2D Art and Design, AP 3D Arti and Design, and AP Drawing are offered for students in their sophomore through senior years.
Students work so hard all year to create an expansive breadth of work that can be put into a successful portfolio. I have been given enough creative leeway to express myself through art, but also the structure in the classroom to constantly improve my skills. Eva Cass '18
- A large art room for the creation of 2D and 3D media
- A ceramics kiln
- The latest version of Adobe Creative Suite
- iPads with Apple pencils for use with the digital drawing software Procreate
- Winter and Spring Art Shows
- Scholastic Art Award
- Art All State
- NDA's Laura Guidoboni '10 Gallery