Dear NDA Students and Families:
Orientation begins next week by grade level and will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Students will visit classrooms, meet teachers and review expectations for the school year. The dates for orientation are:
Tuesday, September 8 – Grades 7 & 8
Wednesday, September 9 – Grade 9
Thursday, September 10 – Grade 10
Friday, September 11 – Grades 11 & 12
This weekend, we will send additional details about what to bring to orientation, as well as our arrival and dismissal procedures. Students can wear NDA warm weather apparel (t-shirt and navy shorts) or our standard uniform (polo and kilt) for orientation.
Please review the following points that must be addressed in advance of arrival at NDA next week.
Daily Health Screening - MyMedBot
NDA will use the health screening app MyMedBot to ascertain the health of students daily. Parents/guardians must download the app and complete this health assessment with their student(s).
- Today all families will receive an important registration email for MyMedBot, which will include an invitation code and links to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Click on the link that works with your mobile device to download the app for free. When you register, you will access a customized form for NDA.
- Beginning with orientation, a parent or guardian is required to fill out the daily health screening on MyMedBot prior to their student(s) arrival on campus.
- You will receive a daily reminder email from MyMedBot to complete the screening. Please make sure that you accept push notifications to receive these reminders.
- When they arrive at check-in, each student will need to show the completed form. Please take a screenshot of the completed response and either text it to your daughter or print the form to show at check-in. Students will not be allowed to enter NDA without the completed form.
- NDA will limit the use of cellphones during school hours, but will allow during the check-in process to display completed health screenings.
- If you have any questions about MyMedBot, or require technical assistance with the app, please contact Nurse Deb Vazza.
Dining and Transportation Surveys
There will be no dining services or transportation available during the week of orientation. We require a more accurate assessment of interest in our dining services and transportation offerings. If you haven’t already completed these briefs surveys, please do so by this Friday, September 4.