Dear NDA Cougar Community:
Given recently released state guidelines for fall sports from the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), we can now conduct tryouts beginning on September 18 and start practices shortly after.
We are working on a game and meet schedule per program which will be released soon. We will host an Athletics information session via Zoom on September 15 at 6 p.m. Invitation link to follow. For any student who wishes to tryout for a fall sport, please review the following details.
- Students must fill out a Fall Player Profile on the student portal
- Parents must fill out a 2020-2021 RPPC Form on the parent portal
- Submit up-to-date physical to school nurse Deborah Vazza. Per the MIAA, an up-to-date physical is an in-person exam within the last 13 months of the tryout start date (September 18, 2020).
- Once the above three steps have been completed, each student-athlete will be added to the team portal page of their desired sport.
- Tryout times and locations will be available on each team page. The current tryout dates are:
- Friday, September 18 – Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Swim & Dive, Volleyball
- Saturday, September 19 – Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer
- Monday, September 21 – Cheerleading, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Soccer, Swim & Dive, Volleyball
- We will adhere to state guidelines for each sport during tryouts, including social distancing, wearing masks and small group sessions.
- The list of candidates per tryout session will be posted to the Bulletin and Resource functions of the team portal page by September 11. An email reminder will be sent to participants in each session.
- Additional state guidelines for each sport will be released on September 1. We will post this information to each team portal page under the Resource tab.
- Once teams are set, we will hold practices as follows. This is tentative and will differ per sport.
- Freshman level – 3-4 times per week
- JV level – 4 times per week
- Varsity level – 5 times per week
If you have any questions, please contact any member of the NDA Athletic staff. As this is an evolving process, we will continue to communicate all information from the MIAA and DESE about fall sports. Thank you for your support and Go Cougars!